Wood species we were dealing with there was walnut, which makes absolutely stunning floors, but can be quite challenging to work with.
Once this was completed, the floor was ready to be sanded. As always, we used dust free sanding system system with carefully picked abrasives suitable for this kind of flooring.
Since the replacement boards were fitted to be level with original boards, sanding process was relatively quick. Thanks to relatively flat sanding surface, we did not have to take away too much off the flooring thickness, which is a good practice as makes sanding again in future possible.
As expected, the newer floorboards came up slightly lighter. Our client wanted the floor dyed with a darker colour. To make the newer boards match the rest of the flooring, they had to be dyed with a different colour. A number of samples were made to find the best combination that would give the floor a nice, uniform look. Once everything was stained and varnished, we achieved a perfectly uniform colouring across the entire room.